About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Passive Aggressive

Anyone who knows me knows that I don't do well with passive aggressive people. Speak your mind in a respectful way. Do not make people guess what you are thinking based off of your actions or silence. I had far too much of that in my high school and early college years. It does not lead to constructive growth and just tends to hurt people (and damage you and your relationships).

Today was the blessed and dreaded day, the first Sunday after new appointments in the United Methodist Church. The vibe was not that great in the church I'm attending here. Essentially, the pastor chose to leave to go back to school thus a new pastor had to be appointed. And some people did not take it well, setting to let the pastor know how much they disapproved of her presence with harsh comments and making her life difficult during the service. My experience of the tension was compounded by the fact that most of the week my supervisor was on the phone talking about the new pastor, in this weird mix of slightly positive and mostly negative ways. I just wanted to jump to her aid and tell people that treating this woman badly will not bring their beloved pastor back. Part of the beauty of the United Methodist appointment system is trusting in God to provide for you through this new individual.

No comments: