About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Friday, June 26, 2009

Relationship

   When doing devotions today I was struck by the the statement Jesus made to his disciples before he was crucified: "It is good for you that I leave, because unless I leave, I cannot send my Spirit, who will lead you to full communion, to the full truth". How often are we like the disciples, wanting Jesus to stay, even if it prevents the Spirit from coming. We yearn to keep what we have, not wanting to risk giving it up for something better. We do this all the time with our relationships - we hang on to relationships that stun our spiritual growth even when God reassures us that if we just loosen our grip there is something better. We live in a culture that says "you don't realize what you have until its gone" but what we need to be hearing is look ahead, something better is coming. We can continue to keep people with us in our heart, without physically and mentally letting them drag us down. Honor that which is dead, but look forward to the promise of the Spirit. Is God calling you to let go or to hang out? Whatever the Divine, and the Divine alone, is promoting you to do, do it faithfully.

* I do realize that this is a funny post to follow my last one about memories. ;)

No comments: