About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Monday, May 11, 2009

Poor Theology

  This past weekend I went to see my best friends and transfer children graduate. I cried. A lot. I cried out of joy, seeing what they have to offer the Kindom. 

But I also cried tears of frustration. Frustration by some of things that were exiting the mouths of well respected people in the community during this beautiful time of celebration. I heard statements like that we were blessed to be people who will bless our homes (with lots of children) - but I had to ask what that meant for single people. 
I heard that Houghton is unique in that has the finger prints of God all over it - but I had to ask if that means that God isn't present everywhere.
I heard words like "others" and "them" to describe people from different nations - but I had to ask how that leaves any room for solidarity.

How can theology be so skewed in a "God-centered" place?

No comments: