About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Construction

   Today while I was driving through Morristown there was construction. The city is working on building a new complex with housing, shops, and parking known as 40 Park. Construction is a bit tricky in this city because most of the side roads are one way and you can only turn on to Main Street from select locations, one of which is where 40 Park is being built. As a result, traffic was severely delayed. The people in front of and behind me in line were becoming quite impatient. And I caught myself thinking that this is what its like to do community organizing. People want finished, perfect results immediately and get impatient when it takes time. Yet creation and construction take time. Perhaps that is half of the challenge with community organizing, teaching people to ally with you in patience for the birth/ resurrection. 

No comments: