About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Restored Faith and Uncovered Doubts

   This past weekend I've been in State College at a conference I help with every year. As a whole, it is by far the best one we have put together. The focus each year is on God Calling young people to ministry, in whatever form that may take. It truly is a time to just listen to God's voice. And it is so encouraging to see so many people sensing God's call. 
   However, at the same time, listening to bits of conversation, and having conversations, where these same young people know very little about the scriptures and the tradition they come from, scares me. It is a glaring reminder that so many people who enter into ministry speak continually on their experience as the sole way to know God and then mis-read the scriptures to account for their assumptions. What is the future state of the Church if this is how we are to continue?
   As I struggle with others disdain for and misuse of the scriptures, I had an un-related restoration in my faith in humanity.  A man just let me walk out a music store in PA with my NJ address and only a promise to return, with over $5000 worth of flutes to try. Who does that? Someone to trusts others, which is so rare in the world today....

No comments: