About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Friday, September 5, 2008

Communication

I've been driving a lot in the past two days. Driving that much gave me time to notice things - chiefly that people sometimes, more then they should, forget to use their turn singles. The results lead to confusion and near accidents. As I reflected on this I realized that we tend to do the same thing in communication with others. We may know what we want to say and what we mean, just like we know we are turning left or right, but when we speak in a curt tone of voice the entire message could be lost, just as if we forgot to indicate our intentions about taking a turn in the car. We really need to accuratley signal to others what we are thinking by speaking in respectful tones so our message isn't muddled.

No comments: