About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Now Versus Then

My roommate, Donna, said something that intrigued me the other day: she isn't cooking to be a good wife later, she's cooking to be a good friend now.
How often do we engage in activities strictly for the future? Why are you at seminary? To be a pastor in a few years. That's just as bad as learning to cook or sew to be a Proverbs 31 wife later. No we engage to enrich life now. We cook now to share with other now. We cook to take care of ourselves - because it's nice to know what's going into your body. And we learn now to enrich our thoughts, theology, and relationships NOW.
It's not about the future, its about living fully presently now.

No comments: