About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cravings

Sometimes the things that we struggle with the most are also the things we crave the most.

I think this a good sign that these things will lead to our destruction.

For me, it is becoming evident that food is going to be my downfall. I think out of the past five days, I've been sick three from food (specifically those containing cheese even after taking Lactaid). Ugh. But I keep eating it anyway. Why? Because I have this strong addiction to food.

But as I struggle with food and illness and pretty much being limited to three food groups of the six on the pyramid, it's made me think a lot about addictions that others struggle with. All too often we criticize those who struggle, mostly because we refuse to acknowlege that their addcitions reflect our own, which we all have but are trying to avoid. But cutting others down does not build us up. When will we start to see in ourselves all the things that are blocking us from others and from God?

No comments: