About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Words and Music

    One of the things I am doing to feed my soul and connect to my new community is serve as assistant director for a children's fall musical in the area. I love it. The kids are great and are working so hard! But it has also made me think of all of the things I missed out on when I was younger because of the voices that told me I wasn't good enough - the church music director who told me I didn't sing well, the public school choir director that told me I look like a frog when I sing, the local theater director who had favorites- of which I was not one. It made me feel like I wasn't good enough to sing or act or be creative, which wasn't true at all. It has also reminded me of the power of our words - we may just say something one time flippantly or sarcastically, but it can profoundly affect another person - for good or for bad. We need to watch our words and speak encouragement, especially to our young people.

No comments: