About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Let It Go

 There are a lot of different reasons that the song "Let it Go" from Disney's Frozen is popular. First and foremost, India Menzel is a vocal powerhouse. Second, it is catchy and fun to sing at the top of your lungs, either by yourself or with friends. But perhaps the third reason is the most important - it speaks to an inner longing that for many women we cannot voice.
  Somewhere along the line we got the idea that we need to be a good girl, putting the needs of others first. And keep our emotions in check, not telling others when we are hurt or upset. To dismiss everything that we are afraid of in order to be "nice".
  This song sets aside the false notions of what it means to be a good girl, which can sometimes suffocate us. Ladies, have any of the rest of you felt this way as well?

No comments: