About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Monday, December 30, 2013

Turning Around

"It seems like this is how it's going to be this year, always turning around midstep, midstream."
- River Jordan 

   I love lists. I have to do lists. Lists of books to read. Lists of people to call. I have a calendar that very tightly fits in my schedule for the day. But as I've been reading River Jordan's Praying for Strangers: An Adventure of the Human Spirit, I am left wondering how often my lists gets in the way, how often my calendar keeps me from paying attention to what I'm really supposed to be doing. How often my calendar blocks out God's plan.

  Part of being attentive to God's movement is a willingness to change plans. A willingness to turn around and go a different direction. And that is difficult for me. In the back of my head, even when my schedule gets thrown off by a few minutes I am chastising myself, saying that I'm going to be late for an appointment or not get everything done that day. 

   I'm starting to see that what I feel the need to get done, and what God wants me to do, often don't match up. So part of the adventure of life is setting aside my calendar and to-do list, in order to live a life fully present to God. No matter what the cost. 

No comments: