About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Monday, June 10, 2013

Thoughts from Spiritual Direction

   Two statements have clung to me after Spiritual Direction class this past weekend. One is "holiness is being whole." The other, "you should be so full of Christ that he pours out of you being given away, not yourself."

   After a string of about six hard and trying weeks, I've emerged into a place of being centered. Or rather I've come to a place where I can work towards being centered. Spending time each day reading. Doing devotions at a time when it is most meaningful to me (which is not right when I get up). Taking hikes and being outside when its nice. Listening to what my body needs. Being connected to the earth and to God, I feel more at peace, which helps me deal with the demands on my time. I really do feel like Christ is following out of me when I am truly centered in him, instead of giving myself away leading to exhaustion. I truly feel whole.

   The other part of feeling whole and allowing Christ to flow forth is saying no. No to unrealistic demands on my time. No to things that while fun, are not what I need at the time. Saying no is hard for me, but once again it helps with being centered. To know my limits and to live into them joyfully instead of trying to test them and feeling worn down.

No comments: