About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Monday, March 11, 2013

In This Together


         Last week I found out that I was approved for ordination which was exhilarating. Honestly, I was so convinced that I was going to be extended on one section because of the tenor of the interview that I had to ask the registrar to repeat herself. It’s amazing to think that this is the culmination of a six and a half year journey. 
However, at the same time it was bitter sweet. I have been blessed to have been commissioned as a provisional elder with perhaps the best group anyone could ask for. We covenanted to meet together with each other’s mentors. To check in. To pray for one another. And this was all above and beyond BOOM’s requirements. Out of our class of six, two are being ordained this year. To know how badly those who are close to you want something and we’re told “not yet” is heart breaking. 
In the flurry of emails that went around after we were called with the results of our interviews the line that kept coming up was that we are in this together. We celebrate with those who are being ordained. We wept with those didn’t receive the news they so desperately wanted. And we regroup to help each other through this in any way we can. How many people can say they have a group that loves and supports each other in this way in any aspect of their lives? I consider myself blessed just as much by our reaction and care for one another as by the news of ordination. I look forward to being in ministry with this group of close friends for years to come - because we truly are in this together. 

No comments: