About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Monday, August 3, 2009

The Labyrinth

A flowing river
etched into a marble stone floor
made smooth by 800 years of pilgrim's feet and prayers.
Oh river of life
if only you could be as smooth as the marble.
When you flow evenly for far too long
a sharp curve comes from ahead
one we could neither anticipate or see.
Journey of faith
you brought so many joys as a child -
running, skipping, dancing, and laughing -
even around the curves.
Maybe that is why we are to have faith like a child
For even when we stay between the lines we are thrown off
By judging the specks in our neighbor's eye
or paying too much attention to the road ahead of him or her,
not watching our own path.
And we judge our walk of faith off of others
When God may call us each a different way
into the Heavenly center of rest

No comments: