About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Monday, August 3, 2009

Into the Reeds

Lord, I feel like Moses,
caught in the reeds,
waiting to be rescued.
But I know that the reeds are preparation for the wilderness
And part of the journey.

Lord, I feel like the younger brother,
taking that which is not yet mine
Racing, impatiently, ahead of your timing.
But I know that the pig stye is preparation for the celebration
And part of the journey.

Lord, I know you want to give me enough
and then some
Like the spare baskets of bread
And the extra manna sprinkled on the ground
But I'm fearful that I will lack preparation and sustenance
for the journey.

Rescue me from the reeds
Let me wait for your timing
Trust in your fruitful preparation
And put me on the path for the journey
In faith.

No comments: