About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Delight

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
I was struck when I read this entire verse the other day in the context of the 37th Psalm. Often the second part of this verse is quote "the Lord will give you the desires of your heart" without the first part. In essence, this verse is saying, if you desire God then you will have God. But we have twisted the desires of our hearts, displacing the Lord, and then expect God to give us what we have put before Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle,
So I looked up that verse in my German Bible with Martin Luther's translation from 1545 to see how that was worded. It reads: "Habe deine Lust am HErrn; der wird dir geben, was dein Herz wünschet." So: "Desire the Lord; He will give you that which your heart desires." Though, I do think that people who ask for what they desire most, often get it, though it might not be in a way that they expected or wanted. Thus, if we desire God, we can be most certain that we will get what we want. Okay, I've almost confused myself trying to think about that and put it into words. Perhaps my meaning will come across and perhaps it won't.
-Mel