About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Clean

From Will and Grace:
Grace: (Noticing her pedicured toenails.) Oh, wow. I love that color. What is it?
Karen: Grace, (sighs) there's no color, they just cleaned off your toes.

For the first time in years, literally, I cleaned all of the nail polish off of my toes. Usually when it gets chipped I just repaint over it, because there is a staple color that I like. But today its all gone. And as I looked down on my feet, seeing my bare toes, all I could think about was this quote from Will and Grace.

How often are we so dirty, so covered, that we don't know what we look like bare and clean? When we don't know ourselves how can others know us at all?

No comments: