About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

God's Will

"...Thy will be done..." 
      Every Sunday Christians around the globe pray this line to the Lord's Prayer in their native tongue. But somehow along the way I think we have distorted what this truly means. Does God, even after praying this line, force the Divine's will upon anyone? When the unexpected, the horrible, or the destructive happen, is that just "God's will" being done? Or rather does God not will those situations but rather redeems them?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is less that God "forces" His will on us, than that by saying that line, we are accepting that we want His will to be done - not ours. Perhaps then the "destructive" events are around to help convince us that God's will is the way that we should walk, that we really don't have control over what happens tomorrow or even today. A perhaps forceable way to make us let go. But perhaps I'm thinking into it too much.
Melanie