About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Green

When did "going green" become trendy? Greening isn't something that is we do to make ourselves look good. In fact it isn't even about us, its about sustaining the enviorment for future generations.
There has been a shift in advertisment over the past couple of months towards green and organic. Who are the advertizers trying to reach? Because those of us who know better, know that McDonalds using organic products, including organic oil, does not make their food much healther when its friend. Frying in organic oil, is still frying and its still bad for you. Or cut up apples for kids. I appluade them for the choice, but seriously, you still dump a ton of chemical perservatives on the food to make it fresh. Add to that fact that none of it is local or in growing season, thus travels thousands of miles to reach each location and the entire essence of organic and green is gone.
Or there's green giant vegtables who fall under the same catagories of problems. Fine, you pick the food when its fresh. I can buy that, but then you dump perservatives on it and send it one a truck around the country. I'm sorry if I'd rather cook greenbeans my own way, hand selecting each one and then steaming. Yummy!
How can you save the Earth today? And is the same way that the advertizers lead you to believe?

PS> When are we going to have ads for composting bins?

No comments: