About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Flowers

God, I'm sorry.
I'm sorry that we destroy ourselves
I destroyed the Flower that I am.
I am a tulip,
but I complained that I wasn't a rose.
Wasn't a daisy.
Wasn't what I deemed to be beautiful.
I complained about coming up from the dirt and not being in a high tree or bush.
Who are we to determine Beauty, when you created it.
And you created the beauty in each of us to reflect you!
We destroy ourselves with comparison. 

I'm sorry.
I'm sorry that we are impatient.
Squeezing the bulb
and plucking off petals
So that we can bloom faster.
But our pushing causes us not to bloom at all.
All we are left with is a pile of petals.
A twisted torn.
A broken stem.
We have destroyed ourselves with our own best intentions. 

I'm sorry.
I'm sorry that we cannot see ourselves the way you see us.
Each individual flower full of beauty, truth, and purpose. 
You call us to be patient and excited with anticipation.
To enjoy the process of growing, blooming, stretching towards Heaven's Son.
Maybe we didn't get it right this time around
But in your mercy and grace, flowers bloom again each Spring.
May you allow us to grow again
and have the patience and wisdom to allow for your perfect timing
Perfect design.
We cannot force your hand.
Without destroying the beauty of the bulb.

No comments: