About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Who am I?

Girl. Daughter. Lover of God. LOVED by God. Social Advocate. Intern. Complex. Emotional. Learner. Ambitious. Anxious. In between. Lost. Lonely. Bold. Scared. Timid. Caring. Student. Dependable. Dependent. Loving. WORTHY. Insecure. Liberal. Innovative. Intelligent. Happy. Mixed-Up. Fearful. Helpless. Maternal. Self-aware. Sarcastic. Wounded. Thoughtful. Spiritual. Uncertain


These are just a few words to describe who I am. Incomplete, but giving some idea of the shape of my soul, my emotions, my being, none the less. But what happens when you lose some of your identity? The words need to shift. That's why there are so many of them, when you loose a piece of your identity or pick up a new aspect, then who you are works to accommodate that change.

Right now, I feel like I've lost huge pieces of who I am. Other aspects of who I am, I'm having a hard time living out. So what happens? The self-description reflects these changes with words of apprehension and timidity. I know that someday I'll regain a balance, but in this moment who I am is lost and confused. And know that no one can really fix this situation, that no one really even understands this situation,  beyond me with God. 


"If I could just sit with You a while
I need You to hold me
Moment by moment 'til forever passes by."

PS> This is my 100th post

No comments: