About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

God is FANTASTIC!

"God is good"
"All the Time"

"All the time"
"God is good"

I often am caught between enjoying the truth of this part of some church's liturgy and hating its presentation. Often it is said in a monotonous drown, that leads even those who constantly see God's blessings if he is in fact good.

Plus, it's a lie.

 Because God isn't only good, he is FANTASTIC! (and even that doesn't begin to capture the excitement and beauty and faithfulness of God)

I was really struck by this thought so many times this week.
  • I have a friend who I had the opportunity to talk to on the phone the other day and she was telling me about how her relationship with her parents is being healed after many years of heartache and how they are growing in Christ.  God is FANTASTIC!
  • After two weeks of struggling, I've returned to Houghton to visit and have been blessed by being surrounded by people who care about me, who love me, and I know it. God is FANTASTIC!
  • I was talking to a friend last night and without him having any idea what's been on my mind, he spoke these words of truth out of his own life that brought so much affirmation to me. In fact, the conversation in and of itself was an affirmation for me. God is FANTASTIC!

And I could go on and on. When are we going to open up our eyes and see what our God is doing, in both the big and the small things? When are we going to see how blessed me truly are? And when are we going to get excited about who God is? 

No comments: