About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Taking time to remember

Today I had the blessing of being in the car for about six-ish hours driving down to Annual Conference and back. It's been a long time since I've considered that much driving a blessing. Part of it has to do with the miracles of chiropractic care - wow, I think I have an addiction to being pain free. Amazing.

Because I could actually spend that much time in the car without wanting to pull over to the side of the road and cry I was struck by a few things
It took driving to realize how much I love the beauty of Central PA and couldn't think of any better place to be right now
It took going to annual conference and listening to the Bishop to remember why I love the UMC
It took listening to other speaks at conference to remind me that this is the denomination God is calling me to - this is where I belong
It took taking time to drive the speed limit to remind me of the blessings of patience for which I was rewarded with a gorgeous sunset (and as an added bonus I didn't swerve into the other lane of traffic when watching it - this is a HUGE accomplishment)

I think this is going to be a summer of reminders and discoveries.

No comments: