About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Monday, April 30, 2007

Comsumerism Meets the Church

This entry is a long time coming. I am so upset with the church. I am so upset with myself. I went to youth group last night to prep and get some ideas for my summer job. I asked the kids where they would want to do mission work at and what other things they would want to do during the summer. That was a mistake. Next thing I know they are rattling off these ideas that cost an exhorbinant amount of money. And I was on the verge of tears. Grant it I have been a far cry from stable the last couple of days, but still I wanted to cry at the selfishness. All I could see where visions of the absolute poverty that surrounds me wherever I am and these kids want to go to Kennywood. Is that being the hands and feet of Jesus or have we tried so hard to make church fun that we forgot who the church is and what she is about?

No comments: