About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Realization

What I was originally going to write this post about was a realization that I had during worship tonight. But honestly, I will get there in a minute. As I sat down to type this post I had a more important thought that is in conjunction with an email that I sent my friend earlier tonight. There is a large debate about worship raging through my school right now and the question being asked is how to make worship less individualistic. The general conciseness is to push for more songs that say 'we and us' v. 'I and me'. That is great but words don't create community and corporate worship. So I challenged my friend to think of different ways to create these two things authentically without using music at all. I reminded how well this entire situation fits into the story behind the song "The Heart of Worship"
I bring this up because as I started to type this post I caught myself saying that I had a realization tonight during worship. How wrong. Shouldn't my life be an act of worship? So tonight while I was singing a song, a lyric touched me. And I want to in act this lyric in my life now - that is the act of worship. The lyric was "Though none go with me, still I will follow". I'm reaching the point in life where I am branching out on my own. And my support systems cannot follow me where I am going. I am blessed to be going to Australia next fall for my last semester of school, and my best friend is going with me. How amazing. But the rest of my support system will not be going. Life after that is pretty up in the air right now, but I am going to have to say goodbye to many people as I pursue whatever avenue of ministry I am going into. And that created an almost paralyzing fear in me. But its okay if I go alone - I am called to look ahead and not side to side or back. If I keep looking forward I will see the face of God and I am going to run after that. And no one may be recognizably beside me, but I have prayer warriors behind me and my LORD ahead and that's all that matters. Still I will go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a good realization to come to. and you're right, everything we do should be an act of worship it should not just be when we are with other believers singing and listening to others preach. love ya