About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Friday, March 16, 2007

Brokeness

We watched a movie yesterday in Counseling and Psychotherapy about a man named Harry who was a self-abuser. At the end of the documentary one of my classmates raised her hand and said that he scared her and that she could never work with someone like that (to clarify this statement she meant someone who beat himself to the point where he had deformed his face). My thought was we all self-abuse. Don't we all rip ourselves apart on the inside for one reason or another. Some people externalize their pain, but we are all self-abusers and self-destructive. And I think the private self-abusers that surround us scare me more then Harry.

No comments: