About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Radio

Today we (Mom, Dad, and I) made the trek to NC. I'm checking out Duke Divinity School tomorrow and I'm excited beyond words! To put things in perspective - this my friends is my top choice for seminary. I'm applying to 4 but...

Anyway, we took my brothers car because the van is on the edge of death and my car is once again in the shop because I killed it in a snowbank (supposedly - we must add that clarification). The boy's car is amazing and I would take it except for one small hindrance, it doesn't have a cd player. That's right, we went eight hours on just the radio. And it left me repulsed.

To place this is perspective: I was reading Rob Bell's new book Sex God while the radio was playing in the background. There is a section in the book where Rob is talking about how woman in today's society are objectified and that causes both men and women to lose that small piece of God that is in them. And what is playing in the background but about five different liposuction commericals in a span on ten minutes. It made me want to cry. That was followed by some new birth control measure. It was all trash. THIS is why I CANNOT be defined by this society, this culture, because if I was I would drown in all of the unnecessary expectations. We need to figure out what matters and get back to it. NOW.

No comments: