About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Dare to Dream: What is in Your Hand?

    When we are little, it seems like the adults in our lives try to encourage you to dream big dreams. We don't go around, usually, telling kids that they can't be astronauts or doctors or explorers. But even without verbally saying it, even kids pick up along the way to dream smaller dreams, more manageable dreams, as they transition into adult hood. Instead of what you are passionate about, we start to ask questions like is that practical? And with that transition we cease to dream the big dreams of our childhoods.
     But what if God is calling us to dream big dreams? Not just ask what we can accomplish with our own resources and our own strength, but instead asking, more importantly, what does God want me to do here? What is it God is calling me to do?
     When we look at scripture, we see that God doesn't always call people to do practical things, but God equips the called to do the mission that is before them. What would it take for us to dream the dreams of God again and how could it change our world?

No comments: