About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Monday, September 12, 2016

#healthypastor - Prayer

   One of the things pastors do is pray. We pray during worship services and before potluck meals. We pray when we visit people or when folks are in need. But I know far too many pastors who don't pray for our own needs. We are so exhausted when we get to bed at night that we forget to pray. Let's reclaim being a people of prayer.
    Some pastors have told me that they so much feel that praying is part of the job that they feel disconnected in their own prayer lives. But we can't do this job without prayer, because we can't do this job by our own power.
    One of the ways that I keep centered in my own prayer life is to have prayer partners. Folks that I know are praying for me and I pray for them. We reach out to each other via texts and emails and trust one another that when a request is put forth it will be prayed over.
    Another way is to use centering prayer throughout the day. To just stop and pray. To focus on being fully present, even for five minutes, to center myself on Christ's power and love.
    What are your current prayer practices? How do you stay healthy in your prayer life?

No comments: