About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Setting Aside Perfect

    Christmas Eve is one of the biggest days for church attendance (right up there with Easter) which puts a lot of pressure on clergy, especially when attendance is down on regular Sundays compared to the past. There were some really amazing things that happened for Christmas Eve this year - including people fulfilling different roles - greeters everywhere, choir members, people cleaning the hallway and bathrooms.
    I've been planning Christmas Eve since late September. But I'm not sure if you could tell. There were two misprints in the bulletin - even after having 5 different folks proof read. The choir changed the order of songs. The sermon wasn't delivered the way I envisioned it being. Words were missing from the projection screen.
   But all that being said, the errors weren't what matter. People didn't seem to notice all the errors that I caught with my high expectations and perfectionist nature. One person even left a note asking how to come to know Christ. What a humbling lesson to set aside the desire for perfection and instead look for where God is moving, even and especially in the midst of the chaos.

No comments: