About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Friday, April 25, 2014

Sabbath

    I often go through phrases on Sabbath. Times when I am really good at taking a day to simply rest in the presence of God and restore my soul. During each phase it looks a little different, but recently I have been in the phase of a Sabbath-drought. During Lent, I only had one Sabbath…out of six weeks. And my body and soul feel the deficiency.

   This week, I was supposed to be on spiritual retreat. My church has graciously agreed to give me a week to simply be renewed (not vacation, not continuing education - simply rest in God). My plan was to take a stack of books to a monastery and simply be for three days. However, the plan got thwarted on Easter Sunday when one of the Saints was called Home.

  So plan B. Days at home with just a little work each day (since I had worked ahead anticipating being away). Days at home filled with steaming cups of tea, conversations with friends, candle light and lots of reading. I simply cannot devour enough books. These simple days have made me realize what I have been missing - the ability to be refreshed by what I love. What feeds my soul.
 
  So Plan B is leading to a phrase of Sabbath. Yes, I will still take a weekly Sabbath, but I'm also realizing that I need time each day to be refreshed as well -  with a book, tea, candle light, conversation, or a combination of the above. Time to sink into the Holy. We will see how this phase goes and where God is leading next.

No comments: