About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Anchor Moments

    There are moments that ground you when everything else seems to be up in the air. Moments that help you remember who you at your very core. Moments that help you remember your call. Moments to cling to when stress hits in all of its furry.

   This past week life was full of many such anchor moments as I was ordained an elder in full connection. I've been telling people who weren't able to be there that its hard to describe what I feel about the holiness of the ordination service or all that has preceded and followed it that has nourished my soul. So here are just a few of those anchor moments that I know I will cling to:

  * Being yoked with Bishop Middleton's stole before being asked the historic questions.
  * Being able to share dinner with the retiring class and hear their words of encouragement and wisdom.
  * Being told by a presenter on stage that he originally didn't like the idea of passing stoles for the mantle, until he saw how Julia and I received them with such genuine humility and a gracious spirit.
  * Receiving words of encouragement from other Elders.
  * The weight of the hands as I was being ordained.
  * My mentor of the past six and a half years being the one to yoke me with my stole at ordination.
  * Being told that my stole matches my personality.
  * Being told of my radiating joy.
  * Receiving a stole from the pastor who baptized me. He still remembers the day I was baptized and how many were in the baptismal class. The stole I was given was the one he wore when I was baptized that day.
  * Receiving a stole from one of my commissioning brothers.
  * Surprise party from MUMC.

Holy and beautiful moments that are etched into my mind and onto my heart. Truly anchor moments.

No comments: