About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Friday, May 4, 2012

Being Young

This week has been full of times when I have felt frustrated and belittled because of my age. The two that stick out:
1.) I sponsored a lovely woman for Walk to Emmaus this weekend. Sponsorship includes dropping them off at the retreat site. When I dropped her off I was asked not one or two, but four times if she was sponsoring me. The assumption seems dot be that the older must sponsor the younger. But is that really the model we have in the Bible?
2.) Today at a funeral, another clergy came up to me and I introduced myself as "Pastor Michelle" - his responses included 'woah! you're really tiny!' and 'how old are you?' It was frustrating because I know he was also a young clergy when he served the same church.
When will my age and stature stop bringing up questions regarding my ability to be a leader?

No comments: