About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Being Young - pt 2

This weekend reminded me why I encourage my congregation members to go to church when they are away from home - and why I abide by that teaching myself. The sermon I heard at my home church this week could not have been anymore appropriate. It was about young people in the Bible who experienced a call. Experienced an anointing from the Holy Spirit. It reminded me that call and the anointing of the Holy Spirit go hand in hand.

For my time at this appointment I have been having people make fun of my age. I think it's their way to reconcile how young I am and still being their spiritual leader. The jest have been everything from quick jabs to down right hurtful. But I've went along, even cracking some jokes myself to show that I can roll with the punches. But this weekend I was struck by how wrong that is. If I'm called and anointed I need to own that, not shy away from it. I need to stand firm in that truth and the promises that come with it, because if I just laugh it off, it's sort of like I'm laughing at God or demeaning or disbelieving my call. I need to live in the tension of my age and what my congregation and others think about that and who God has called me to be, and who I am by God's grace.

Praise God for that reminder and for opening up my eyes.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: