About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lost

I spent several hours this weekend being lost, or perhaps in the words of c.s.lewis via Brooke Fraser "just less found". I went on the hunt for a dairy queen today in order to satisfy a craving and avoid a traffic jam, going about an hour out of my way only to find that the dairy queen had shut down in that particular area. Actual, so much in that particular area were closed, just like areas that I have seen time after time the past few weeks that are devastated. They are the areas you have to leave the beaten path to see, but hold the lives of so many people.
I also got lost in the city this week, on the way to a show. Which gave me a chance to hear so many interesting stories. Stories of destruction, stories of protest, stories of privilege that is blind to itself and others. Then I went to a play that was all about stories - stories of women through different phases of life's journey. And I started to think about how there is a difference between being a person of privilege and being privileged as a person (more on this on a different day in a different post)
I would miss so much in life if I wouldn't have been lost, if I wouldn't allow myself to get lost. What do you miss when you just go from point A to B and miss all of life's lessons along the way?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: