About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Missions

Missions have been on my mind lately. Particularly thinking how you can create a culture of missions when it doesn't exist. I never really thought about it before, but I grew up in a church that had an emphasis on missions - we gave money to the heifer project, food the food bank, collected Campbell's labels, and a host of other things.
If I wouldn't have grown up in that culture I may not have been lead to create a mission drive for one of my residence at the local women's shelter in need of baby supplies. If I wouldn't have grown up in that culture I may not have been inspired to lead mission trips.
So how do you create that culture in a church that has no interest or understanding of missions?

No comments: