About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Reliving High School

Looking at my DVR Scheduler recently I realized how many shows I like that are set in or around high school life: One Tree Hill, Switched at Birth, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gilmore Girls, Beverly Hills 90210, Glee, etc.
I think that I watch these shows with religious zeal because my high school experience was so horrible. Some of the things that they pose on the tv shows as outlandish actually happened to me. Don't even ask about prom. Or teasing. So I relive these times, hoping that they will end better for the characters on the show. And when they don't, I cry. And perhaps I cry for myself in that as well, mourning a time I never want to go back to.

No comments: