About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Graduation

Drew's graduation gave me a period to reflect upon my graduation from Houghton and their stark contrast. I made the comment to a friend who is also seeking an MDiv at a different institution after graduating from Houghton that perhaps they were different because I walked with my class at Drew (at Houghton I walked with the class before me as I graduated in December), perhaps I am less frustrated with Drew, and I was at Drew longer - for three years instead of my mere two at Houghton due to graduating early.
All of that being stated, the biggest difference for me in the actual graduation was we were allowed to celebrate! What a difference when you are allowed to clap and cheer and just shout. What a difference when one of the speakers is someone who you love and admire. What a difference when you love the people graduating with you across school lines. What a difference when the school president makes you laugh. What a difference when you are allowed to express your individuality through the regalia dress.
And all of those differences make me love Drew graduation, and be jealous of the undergrads who walked - I hope you realize that not every school is like Drew, friends. Your achievements were celebrated to the upmost degree in a unique way! Be blessed!

No comments: