About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

There are a lot of ways that I've seen myself grow over the years, but an equal amount that I still am steeped in. Today one of those old issues came back - hard. I have a problem with people who don't know me or understand my situation handing out advice. I'm not sure which part bothers me most - probably the not knowing me and dueling out advice from your own worldview, which may not be the best for me. Listen before you speak. Ask before you judge. Give advice last. Further, while you may be a pastor in a church one day, you are not one yet, you will not be one in my denomination, and you don't understand the connectional system that I am apart of. So do not tell me at what pace I "should" be moving or what my ministry "will eventually" look like, because you don't know me and you aren't affirming or even acknowledging how God is moving through my life. Sigh.

No comments: