About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Endings

I have stumbled into a bad habit recently - I have been flipping to the last few pages of the novels I have been reading to see how the story ends. I know, I know, it defeats the purpose of being caught up in the story line the author is weaving, but it helps me determine if I really want to continue reading.

I guess my new found focus on endings stems from recent disappointments. I watched all seven seasons of the Gilmore Girls this past semester only to be disappointed by the abrupt ending that left far too many questions. I experienced the same feeling when reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - the epilogue was unnecessary and did nothing more than spark questions.

Perhaps the antithesis to my bad habit is patience. I am not patient enough to just enjoy the story line and accept whatever the ending will be. I have striven for a long time to manufacture my own endings, with some success and a lot of failures. However, letting come what may still scares me, the unknown is a hard thing to face and work towards. But perhaps that is why patience is a process more than a gift; something that you take baby steps towards instead of just being able to be fully patient all the time. A spiritual discipline in the truest sense.

No comments: