About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Baptism and Ringwood

We were talking about the waters of baptism the other day in worship class. In concert, we watched a movie about mountain top removal. I was struck by the question - what does it mean if you are baptizing people in poisoned water? My first thought was about Ringwood, NJ, a town who's water has been poisoned. Their water for gardens, cooking, washing, and drinking is orange sludge. What do the waters of baptism mean to them? Where is the cleansing power of this water? Where are the living waters in an area where water only brings death?

1 comment:

JDP said...

they have this saying here,

Clean air is life, polluted air is death.

Locals accept that the environment reflects our future... how does it affect our spirit, and our understanding of spiritual things be poisoned by others and even ourselves?