About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

As Fast As Possible

The other day I was at a worship service run by a youth group. One of my favorite songs was sung, "Everything I Do". The song was sung several times with each time the speed increasing. At the end of the singing people were out of breath, and nothing stuck from the theology of the song. And I was left saddened.

How often do we go through the song of life, singing as fast as we can? It reminds me the story of the golden ball of string - were a young boy was given a ball of string that he could pull a bit and the time would go forward. When he got to the end of the ball, much earlier then his life should have ended, he realized that he missed all of the learning moments of beauty because he didn't want any of the hard moments. He sung his life song too fast.

What does it teach people theologically when we sing our songs of worship as fast as possible?

No comments: