About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What if we read our Bibles?

  As I was doing devotions this morning I read from the 12th chapter of 2 Corinthians, in which Paul writes about the "thorn" that was given to him to keep him humble. "Three times I appealed to the Lord about this that it would leave me, but he said to me 'My grace is sufficient fro you, for power is made perfect in weakness.' So I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me."
  And as I read this I flashed back to the scene of the differently abled person being forced to the alter call on Sunday as well as a post I put up recently about the Disabled God. Why do we insist of trying to "heal" our thorns instead of using them to reflect the glory of God? Why do we try to make ourselves into God instead of embracing weaknesses as a sign of our fellow humanity with others? Oh Lord, forgive us for not recognizing the power of Christ in us or the beauty of others in all situations. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a really interesting comment! For the times I've heard that passage read, I don't think I've ever noticed that line. Thank you for pointing it out!
-Mel