About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Friday, May 22, 2009

Where are the Prophets?

    I'm sitting in IAF training and I want to cry. The presenter is making a statements that he knows are exaggerated and somewhat false. He is using qualitative words that don't match the quantity - never, always, etc. The words that I loathe, because they lack accuracy. When I told the presenter that those words make me uncomfortable and he replied that he was agitating me. All that taught me was that agitation is lying in order to get a reaction. 
    My chief thought is that agitation is so far from prophesy. And I would rather be a prophet. In my Shalom application I wrote that I am honest to the point that I scare people. But its honesty. Not agitation. Agitation lacks the love strand that is core to my life and communities of shalom. Prophesy with love involves encouragement and rebuke. That's not here in this definition of agitation. Speak out of love not rile up! Prophets speak in love because they want to bring about the Kingdom of God. 
    Lord, may I be a prophet, not an agitator. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the one hand, I agree with you that agitation for the sake of agitation is wrong. On the other hand, you pointed this out not only to the speaker (making him admit to it), but also to your fellow listeners. Perhaps you have made your fellow listeners more aware of what they are listening to. Speaking up is something you do very well. "I will not be silent - I will not be silent anymore." (from a worship song, no idea which - but I picture Alyssa Creasy singing it.) So you do not remain silent and now perhaps others will no longer remain silent.