About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Toys

As I was driving home last night this poem came to me. Before it bring about unnecessary alarm, know that after talking to a few people, I feel much better, but still feel that this poem should be written down for others who may be feeling the same way.


I've been feeling like a discarded toy
the one in the box
or collecting dust on the shelf.
Never really played with,
except for in moments of nostalgia or need.

I'm feeling like Woody
from Toy Story.
All of the shiny new toys are distracting you from me
I try to throw myself to the floor
just to get noticed
but to no avail.
You still chose Buzz.
With all of the lights and whistles.
Although sometimes when he is no where to be found
you still pull my string before throwing me aside again.

I feel like the Velveteen Rabbit.
There through the times of heartache and disease
but now contaminated
So I need to be thrown into the trash
Burned
But all I really want is to be real
When will I be real?

The type of real that cannot be replaced
Or manipulated
But fully acknowledged as real
Someone with feelings
And needs
And as someone more then just your play thing.

Dear God, please cut the strings
that hold me in bondage to being a toy
Forgive those who have treated me as such
And forgive me for making myself less than human to please them.
Cut the strings.
Make me real.
Make me Yours. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think sometimes it is incredibly helpful to write things down - in whatever form. Even if words don't adequately describe what you are feeling, they can be a first stab at it. I'm glad you've talked to people about what you're feeling, though.