About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Friday, May 1, 2009

Grace

     I have been reminded lately about what is missing from life. Perhaps that is a very pessimistic way to start a post, but alas it has been on my mind. What is missing is grace. Not grace from God, which is abundant and overflowing, but rather grace towards one another. 
There was a point in my life when I struggled with forgiveness - both of others and myself. When I share this with people now they seemed taken aback, because this isn't the Michelle they know. The Michelle they know readily forgives everyone, usually by the end of the day, and can point out the good in just about anyone and in any situation. 
  So what's with the dualistic personalities? Perhaps it came from the realization that if I received grace from God and others, then I must give. And following that realization and with lots of practice it has become habit. But through the lens of my habit, I've realized how little humans extend grace, yet we desire people to be patient and gracious towards us when we stumble.
     The other thing we lack is the ability to compliment one another. I was telling a friend the other day that if you don't share what you admire in others with them, then they will sadly never know. We are quick to criticize one another, but to share compliments is a rarity. Why must we bring others down and hold them to such a high standard that they will never be able to reach it, just to make ourselves feel good?

1 comment:

the names matt. said...

truth is that most of us bring down the other because we are scared of ourself. it's not something to be proud of, but is honest. that's why we need to encourage each other daily and be a witness of love.