About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm proud to go to the "Liberal Heathen Seminary" as some have called Drew. Today, gathered with people shedding tears in the UC, I watched the inauguration. People were weeping because they realize its time for a change. Its time to realign ourselves Biblically. But more then that, they were crying with joy because MLK Jr's dream has taken a huge leap forward.

In contrast, some of my friends had the most vulgar things posted about the inauguration today. I have to wonder how my "Christian" friends can talk about keeping terrorists and foreigners out of the USA (thus seeing Obama as the floodgate of evil as the son of an immigrant) when they read the gospels. The parable of the good Samaritan? It has a point. Maybe we need to re-read it.

And even if people aren't into politics or are so stickily aligned with their political party that they can't rejoice in the transition itself, at least acknowledge that God is working to bring about the equality of the world! Applaud the Lord's work, all children, and rejoice!

No comments: