About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Rules

This weekend I made the 6 hour trek to visit a good friend at my old college. During the time I went through three different states and observed three very different types of driving based off of 1.) which state I was in and 2.) where the cars beside me where from. I am obviously biased towards my home state, PA, because it is where I have the most experience driving and where I learned the laws/ rules associated with being liscensed. It has been quite challenging for me to go to different states and see how laws change. For example in PA, if you windshield wippers are on, then your head lights have to be on. Yet in PA, drivers from other states don't know this law because it isn't posted. But really, should common sense items be posted? On the drive to Hoghton, it was pouring in PA. Literally water and fog every where. And I was one of the few cars to have headlights on. Stupid?Yes. Seriously, I couldn't even see other cars who refused to have their head lights on, thus making this part of the ride quite dangerous. Ugh. My other favorite is in PA you are NOT allowed to pass on the right. Yet, Jersey drivers love to do it, crowding other cars. It is hard for me to transition into Jersey driving and break PA rules that make sense to me. When are we called to adapt to different states and when are we called to follow common sense?

No comments: