About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bagpipes

Is there an instrument that sounds the voice of morning and celebration as well as the bagpipes? Yesterday I was awoken at the sound of bagpipes at the church across the street, where they continued for almost three and a half hours through the full course of the funeral service. The bagpipes seemed to mirror both the sound of hope and dispear the mourners were feeling.

Contrastingly, bagpipes were used to usher in my graduation processional at Houghton. A sound of triumph and joy. Of an end to one chapter of our lives and a start of a new period.

So I repeat, is there an instrument that sounds so much emotion as well as the bagpipes?

No comments: