About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Transitions

Human nature seems to lead us to desire to move from where we are currently to something new. This may not involve physically moving (although sometimes it does) but from one season to the next. When it is Summer we wish for the cool breezes and colored leaves of fall. When it is Fall we look forward to the snow. And in Winter we yearn for the new grass and warmth of Spring. We also find ourselves desiring for smaller things. We want this day to be over so we can move on to tomorrow. We look forward to special trips and ocassions. And right now the big one is looking forward to the close of summer and the start of the new school year (although once school starts we usually look forward to breaks). It seems odd doesn't it that we seem to lack the ability to be content and live in the moment. We always want what's next, and deem what's next to be better.

I, too, suffer from this problem. Right now I am looking forward to school, and to the close of summer. I try to rationalize this by saying that my 'summer' or time off has been nine months now, and it's time to get back to the rigor of academia. But that doesn't excuse me from fully living out each day now. Yes, I need to be aware and prepare for what's coming for the future (as I am daily reminded by the emails in my Drew account) but I need to be faithful, really more then faithful but fully present and dedicated, to what's happening now.

No comments: